Construction and Tradesmen
We have gained particular expertise in domestic and commercial construction and allied trades, civil and structural engineering and quarries to name but a few. Whether you are a major contractor or working as a tradesman, we have options available to meet your needs.
Cover options include:
- Public/ Product Liability
The policy provides public and products liability cover. The standard duration of this policy is twelve months. Cover is provided to protect the insured against legal liability to pay compensation, claimants' costs and expenses in respect of accidental:
- Bodily injury to any person (except as provided through an employers' liability policy);
- Loss or damage to material property occurring in connection with the business
- Employers Liability
The policy provides employers liability to protect the insured against legal liability to pay compensation, claimants' costs and expenses in respect of bodily injury sustained by employees arising out of, and in the course of the employment. The standard duration of the policy is twelve months.
- Property Damage
This provides cover for the client's material property as detailed in the policy schedule. The standard policy duration is twelve months. Liberty Insurance provides the policy. The client has the option to select one of the following levels of cover:
- Basic Cover - Fire, lightning, explosion of domestic boilers or gas.
- Special Perils - Basic cover plus explosion of commercial boilers, aircraft, riot & civil commotion, malicious persons, earthquake subterranean fire, storm & tempest, impact, flood, and bursting or overflowing of water pipes and tanks.
- Accidental Damage - Special Perils plus cover for loss, damage or destruction as a consequence of accidental damage.
The policy can be optionally extended (at either level) to provide cover for any of the following: Sprinkler leakage, loss of rent, glass, money, burglary, subsidence, and deterioration of freezer stock.
- Contractors all Risk
The policy provides contractors all risks to protect the insured against any loss or damage to the permanent and temporary contract works, materials, plant, tools, equipment, site huts and scaffolding.The standard duration of this policy is twelve months.
- Engineering Plant and Machinery
Engineering Plant and Machinery is an all risks cover on your Plant and Machinery. This can be fixed or mobile plant and indoor or outdoor plant.
The purpose of the cover is to compensate the insured for any loss of or damage to their plant or machinery from any cause not excluded. The basis of settlement is for Plant and Machinery which is less than one year old the New Replacement Value will apply and for all other Plant and Machinery Market Value will apply. The standard policy duration is twelve months.
- We work in partnership with our policy holders.
- We have a fast and efficient claims service which reduces cost resulting in lower premiums.
- We pay up to 50% of policy excess to our liability policy holders who help us avoid legal costs.
- We provide the highest levels of customer service with local representatives around the country.