FREE Breakdown assistance in Ireland
Using this breakdown assistance will not affect your no-claims bonus.
If you cannot drive the vehicle as a result of a breakdown,
we will arrange and pay for:
- One hour’s labour at the roadside or at your home; and
- Towing the vehicle to the nearest competent repairer or to a garage of your choice, whichever is closer.
Completing the journey
If the repairs cannot be completed where the vehicle broke down and you are away from home (at least 3 kilometres), we can arrange and pay up to €150 for one of the following.
In the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Transport for you and your passengers to your intended destination within the territorial limits;
- Use of a replacement vehicle for up to 48 hours while repairs are being carried out; or
- Bed-and-breakfast-only accommodation for one night only while repairs are being carried out, up to €35 for each person and €150 in total.
If the vehicle is repaired, we will provide the cost of public transport for you to collect the vehicle.
In England, Scotland and Wales (including the Isle of Man
and Channel Islands)
- A replacement car for up to 48 hours, up to £100 sterling.
- If the car cannot be repaired before the departure date, we will cover the cost of towing the car to the port you are leaving from, up to £250 sterling.
The help provided depends on the options available to us
at the time you contact us. For example, we may not be
able to arrange car hire in rural areas in the early hours of
For more information, please refer to the Car Insurance Policy Booklet
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to see these files.