Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of vehicles do you cover?
We cover many types of vehicles: Private Vehicles – cars, taxis and hackneys. Commercial vehicles including: Goods Carrying Vehicles - vans, lorries, pick ups etc. Special Type Vehicles - diggers, dumpers and forklifts etc. Agricultural and Forestry vehicles - tractors etc.
We do not quote for the following vehicles - break-down trucks , oil or fuel tankers, ambulances, ice cream vans, chip vans, airport service vehicles used at airport.
- Who can drive vehicle(s) insured on our fleet policy?
Any driver within our open drive and any driver named on the Certificate of Insurance provided that person holds a licence to drive the vehicle or is not disqualified from holding or obtaining a licence (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy).
We will insure full licence drivers whose licence was issued in Ireland, the UK, or the EU. We will also accept a full licence from South Africa, Australia, South Korea, Japan, Norway, Switzerland, Liechenstein, and Iceland.
We will also insure those with an International Driving Permit, which is valid for one year from the date of issue. Please note that a provisional licence will only cover you to drive in the country in which it was issued.
- Am I covered to drive other vehicles not insured on my fleet policy?
No – there is no Third Party Extension on a Fleet Policy with Liberty Insurance.
- What is a Fleet Claims Experience?
Fleet policies operate on a claims experience basis and not on an individual No Claims Bonus basis. This means a claims experience discount to reduce your premium will be applied at renewal based on overall claims (if any) on your policy.
- Will all the contents of my vehicle(s) be covered i.e. stereo, shopping etc?
Contents or Personal possessions in your vehicle(s) are not covered under our motor fleet policy. Radio equipment is covered subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- What happens if there is an accident?
- You should notify the Gardai/Police immediately
- Note the insurance details of the Third Party involved.
- Note the names, address and telephone numbers of any independent witnesses.
- Do not admit liability
- Contact our Claims Dept. on 1850 858 530 (RoI) immediately or the next working day
- What should we do if we want to make a change to our fleet policy? i.e. get another vehicle?
If you wish to make a change to your policy, please contact us on 1890 89 1890.
- How do we know what our fleet renewal premium will be?
Your Renewal Notice is automatically issued approx. 30 days before your renewal date.
- What happens if we want to cancel our fleet policy?
You may cancel your policy at any time by writing to us and returning the certificate of insurance and insurance disc.
When you cancel, you will be charged an administration fee of €50 and a charge for the time your policy was active.
If you are paying your premium under any instalment scheme or credit transaction, you will not receive a refund for any deposit or instalment you have already paid.
If you cancel your policy following a claim there will be no refund of premium.
- How do I contact Liberty Insurance?
Phone 049 4368125 or fax to 049 4324254 or write to:-
- We work in partnership with our policy holders.
- We have a fast and efficient claims service which reduces cost resulting in lower premiums.
- We pay up to 50% of policy excess to our liability policy holders who help us avoid legal costs.
- We provide the highest levels of customer service with local representatives around the country.