Claims Coordinator - Fixed Term Contract
Job Title: Claims Coordinator - Fixed Term Contract
Reports: Claims Manager
Working as part of the Liability Claims team to provide a high quality service to customers of Liberty Insurance. Pro-actively and accurately manage a portfolio of claims/files, whilst ensuring accurate reserving is applied with the ultimate aim of achieving the best possible outcome. Applies the core principles of insurance to everyday situations. Assists in the development and mentoring of colleagues and promotes a positive atmosphere.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The Claims Coordinator will take personal responsibility for own workload, continually reorganizing and prioritizing tasks to ensure key company objectives are met. Processing claims in line with procedures and compliance standards. Managing and maintaining the best practice procedures for claims handling.
The Claims Coordinator should be proactive, enthusiastic, thrive on taking responsibility in a fast pace team-based environment. Assist in the creation of new applications/processes and the development of reference and resource materials. Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned to them.
- Communication – communicating verbally and in writing to colleagues, policyholders and other third parties. Providing advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues and clients. Liaising with other departments to ensure appropriate and timely communications on all issues relating to incident and claims handling.
- Planning, organising and prioritising – demonstrates a comprehensive standard of expertise in the handling of claims. Use all tools, past experience, knowledge and techniques available for processing claims. Ensure upkeep of all relevant information and documentation on the company’s databases in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitoring and evaluating – complete a thorough claims investigation, continual assessment of indemnity and liability, verification of policy provisions & endorsements and identification & investigation of potential fraudulent claims. Supports the company’s fraud strategy. Recognises and act upon opportunities to reach prompt and fair settlements. Manage, monitor and provide performance updates on Service Provider usage and performance;
- Reporting – file management of claims including the preparation of reports which clearly outline the position of the claim, liability decisions, reserve estimates, quantum and next planned actions. Display a good understanding of the weekly and monthly attestation reports and when required, assist manager in the completion of same;
- Decision making – applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions. Probes and reviews past situations to resolve problems and issues. Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal solutions. Defines alternatives to resolve problems and assist in the decision making process;
- Quality – meets all expectations for quality and ensuring that all activities are compliant with claims procedures, industry regulations and legal requirements as set by the company and the governing authorities. Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that they receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines;
- Self & Team Development – seeks opportunities to learn new skills; accepts and acts on feedback. Proactively shares timely updates and information with colleagues, other relevant departments and clients. Identifies opportunities to improve work processes and actively participates in improvement initiatives. Develops and uses checklists to insure that information goes out error-free. Assists in the promotion of positive and professional attitude.
The above responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitate by the organisation and the overall business objectives of the company.
- APA minimum, CIP desirable
- Compliance with the minimum competency requirements laid down by the Central Bank
Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant claims experience (preferably dealing with Bodily Injury claims)
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Office systems
- In-depth knowledge of insurance principles, products, policies and claims philosophy
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory principles
- Fully understands and continually applies existing customer service level agreements and CPC guidelines at all times
- Good communication, analytical, presentation and telephony skills with an ability to discuss and explain information such as liability, coverage, indemnity and policy conditions to all relevant parties
- Highly organised, able to prioritise, multi-task and process information with high levels of accuracy
- Full understanding of the impact of errors, omissions, poor service and oversights
- Results orientated with a track record of consistently delivering to agreed objectives
- Demonstrates understanding of how own team’s performance contributes to overall organisation’s performance
- Have a strong customer focus with a keen eye for detail
- Build Value for Customers
Focus on Customers – addresses customer needs by following established procedures and involving the right people at the right time. Follows up with customers/service providers to ensure problems are solved. Provides value to customers beyond their expectations.
Improve Process – demonstrates a willingness to experiment with new ideas, within acceptable boundaries. Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve processes. Modifies own work activities to eliminate wasted effort and inefficient methods
Readily Adapt – embraces needed change and constructively handles mistakes and setbacks. Quickly adapts to changes, new tasks and more complex job responsibilities.
Develop Capabilities – demonstrates awareness of own capabilities, development needs, and the organisation’s performance expectations. Seeks opportunities to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills on the job. Accepts and acts on feedback.
- Collaborate Effectively
Communicate Well – communicates and shares information clearly and concisely using communication methods appropriate to the situation and level. Expresses viewpoints tactfully to avoid creating unnecessary conflict. Listens attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
Gain Support – promote changes and ideas with confidence and a positive attitude.
Promote Teamwork – communicates and relates to people in a professional manner. Makes constructive contributions at meetings. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect the team or company. Continually seeking ways to improve how we deal with our customers and each other.
- Seek Excellence
Identify & Solve Problems – recognises symptoms that indicate problems. Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues. Seeks reasonable alternatives to resolve problems or make decisions. Applies logic and common sense in making decisions.
Achieve Results – demonstrates understanding of how one’s own performance contributes to the team and organization’s success. Identifies action steps needed to accomplish objectives.
Execute Thoroughly – puts in extra effort to accomplish critical or difficult task whilst remaining focused. Accepts responsibility for one’s own performance and actions. Acts in accordance with company policies, practices and Code of Business Ethics and Conduct. Identifies what needs to be done and does it.
Please note that the Fitness & Probity Standards will apply to the successful candidate.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.