Claims Image Appraiser I
Claims Image Appraiser I
Claims Team Manager
Liberty Insurance, the Irish subsidiary of U.S.-based Liberty Mutual Insurance Group has established a new motor insurance claims servicing function in the Cavan office to help support Liberty Mutual’s global business. This operation will handle a portion of appraisal work for motor insurance claims across the Liberty Mutual organisation – in the U.S., Europe and Asia – including expanding use of photo estimations to expedite the claims process for customers.
Auditing estimates prepared by Guaranteed Repairer Network (GRN) to ensure vehicles are appropriately declared Total Loss (TL). Appraisers complete quality motor evaluations by accurately identifying and categorising mileage, vehicle options and conditions to apply appropriate valuations to each/every individual vehicle. Daily expectations include completing all assigned valuations and timely communication of decisions to Appraisers, Claims Representatives and Body Shops. Providing best in class service to our internal and external customers.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Utilising multiple software systems and claims best practices to complete and accurate evaluation on a write off vehicle. Submits evaluations to claims personnel to issues payments to policyholders and/or claimants.
- Provide technical advice on motor evaluations on write offs and analyse whether specific damages are related to the particular accident.
- Evaluate claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
- Uses problem solving to make accurate decisions on each individual claim.
- Provide expertise on options, mileage and on overall motor condition.
- Support US operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Business related qualification degree or equivalent experience desirable
- Minimum of 2 years office experience
- Familiarity with motor vehicles would be a plus, but is not a requirement.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
- Strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems
- Able to collect and analyse technical information
Liberty Insurance provides motor and home insurance to the Irish consumer market along with commercial insurance to the business sector. The company has approximately 400 employees at office locations in Cavan and Dublin.
Liberty Insurance is part of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group’s purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. The promise we make to our customers throughout the world is to provide protection for the unexpected, delivered with care.
In business since 1912, and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, today we are the fifth largest global property and casualty insurer based on 2018 gross written premium. We also rank 75th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2018 revenue. As of December 31, 2018, we had $41.6 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
We employ nearly 50,000 people in 30 countries and economies around the world. We offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, specialty lines, reinsurance, commercial multiple-peril, workers compensation, commercial automobile, general liability, surety, and commercial property.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.