Job Title: Data Analyst
Department: Advanced Analytics
Reports: Advancing Analytics Manager
Location: Blanchardstown or Cavan
The Data Analyst will engage and partner with different business functions to advance management reporting, analytical capabilities, and business monitoring in order to drive better decisions based on data and analysis.
The role will be responsible for providing advice to departments and implementing day-to-day tactical and strategic analysis designed to enable the company to achieve our objectives.
The requirement is to help solve business problems using analytical, statistical methods, and/or advanced models to maximize value delivered to key stakeholders. You will deliver initiatives which build new analytical decision making capabilities which will create significant opportunities for Liberty Ireland.
This role requires strong analytical and communications skills and a keen enthusiasm for collaboration with team members.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the Advancing Analytics Manager in the development and continuity of strong relationships with the business employing a proactive approach to meeting internal customer needs and improving levels of service by:
- - Understanding analytical needs and requests
- - Understand report issues impacting your pillar and their operation, working with the business and the Data Engineering team to resolve challenges identified
- - Demonstrate accountability to customer requests and deadlines by proactively communicating detailed status updates to manager and business
- Execute insightful reporting and analysis to support the strategic and operational requirements of your customers
- Perform ad hoc analytical requests and research projects associated with your assigned business area
- Create or convert existing MI to automated reports using our BI tool
- Create or modify existing data extracts in SQL to support pricing and/or data science teams
- Work with manager and team to understand analytical project objectives and direction with business managers
- Minimum 2.1 in a relevant (finance/statistics/mathematics/computer science) bachelor’s degree programme
3 years’ experience in a similar role, demonstrating strong Analytical and problem‐solving skills
Experience & Knowledge
- 2+ years analytics expertise, ideally in an insurance or a financial services environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Highly proficient in SQL and MS Office Excel
- Experience building reports and visualisations with Business Intelligence tools, e.g. MicroStrategy, QlikView, Tableau
- Database infrastructure knowledge; comfortable working in large data sets and integrating multiple data sources
- Enjoys working collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to work in a fast paced, high pressure, and dynamic team environment
- Experience in an outcome-focused, financial services analytical environment
- Use of programming languages (R, Python, Scala)
- Cross channel analytical experience
- Ambition and desire to succeed by delivering effective results
- Enthusiasm to share knowledge and cross-train peers
- Pragmatic, solutions oriented analyst
- Intellectually curious in tech and analytics innovation
- Ability to translate & explain technical subjects to a non-technical audience.
- Customer Centric approach to work and communication
- Must be committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.