Data Protection Specialist
Job Title: Data Protection Specialist
Department: Risk & Compliance
Reports: Data Protection Officer
The Risk and Compliance team is looking to recruit a Data Protection Specialist to support the company’s compliance with the GDPR.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of key GDPR phase 2 deliverables to support the accountability framework
- Maintain and update the Personal Data Register including Article 30 records
- Maintain and initiate updates to internal data protection policies, templates, guidance and records to facilitate compliance with the requirements of the GDPR
- Manage the data breach process in line with procedure
- Coordinate Data Subject requests in line with procedure
- Maintain comprehensive registers for Data Subject requests
- Assist with Data Protection Impact Assessments for new initiatives across the business
- Handle data protection queries from the business
- Assist with training and help foster a data privacy culture
- Work closely with and support the Data Protection Officer as required
- Business related degree and /or professional qualification in Accountancy or Legal preferred
Experience & Knowledge
- 5+ years compliance and regulatory experience.
- Insurance or Financial Services Background
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory environment in ROI and UK.
- Good knowledge of the GDPR and its practical application
- Knowledge of insurance processes and operations
- Highly motivated with an ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving and analytical skills within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with an ability to work with diverse groups including legal, sales, operations and senior management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Very strong research, analytical & collaboration skills
- Ability to balance a number of conflicting priorities and make decisions
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to plan and prioritise workload in order to achieve deadlines
Please note that the Fitness & Probity and MC Standards will apply to the successful candidate.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.