Data Scientist - Junior
Job Title: Data Scientist - Junior
Department: Actuarial – Pricing
Reports: Pricing Manager/Senior Data Scientist
Provides data analysis, predictive modelling and advanced analytics services to key functions across the organisation.
As Liberty Ireland (LI) continues to invest in its analytical capability this Data Scientist role will leverage our Actuarial team in Dublin as well as the large Data Scientist community in our US business and the new teams in Belfast & Dublin to develop their own skills and to deploy best practice approaches to data management and advanced analytics.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist in applying sophisticated, cutting-edge statistical techniques to very large data sets in the course of predictive modelling and various analytical projects. Examples of the techniques include Decision Trees, Clustering, GLM, Boosting, Neural Networks, Text based analytics
- Provide support to build complex tools and analytical models for use by business operations and/or functional groups (e.g. Pricing, Underwriting, Marketing, Claims etc.)
- Produce meaningful observations and recommendations through synthesizing data from internal and external sources. (E.g. economic, weather, customer sat, social media activity, etc.)
- Present findings / recommendations to management
- Carry out predictive modelling and other analyses to solve business problems.
- Perform data preparation steps, including extraction of target data from multiple databases, integration of multiple datasets, and creation of derived variables, application of business rules, and quality control checks
- Collaborate with other advanced analytics staff to share best practices in predictive modelling and contribute to the advanced analytics community
- Master's/PhD degree in Mathematics, Computing, Statistics or another quantitative field
- For non-Masters’ Degree candidates, Bachelor's Degree (minimum 2.1) and proven applied business / non-academic experience
Experience & Knowledge
- 5+ years compliance and regulatory experience in Compliance Officer roll
- Insurance or Financial Services Background
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory environment in ROI and UK
- Knowledge of insurance processes and operations
- Highly motivated with an ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving and analytical skills within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with diverse groups including legal, sales, operations and senior management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Very strong research and collaboration skills
- Ability to represent the Company publicly and with confidence
- Ability to balance a number of conflicting priorities and make decisions
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to plan and prioritise workload in order to achieve deadlines
Please note that the Fitness & Probity Standards will apply to the successful candidate.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.