Home Product and Underwriting Manager
Job Title: Home Product and Underwriting Manager - PL Underwriting
Department: Product & Underwriting
Reports: Head of PL Product & Underwriting
Location: Cavan or Blanchardstown
A vacancy exists for a full time Household Underwriting Manager within our Product & Underwriting function. This is a critical role for Liberty Insurance and one which is instrumental in our journey to improved performance. This Manager will report directly to the Head of Personal Lines Product and Underwriting. This role will be focused on the Household Products. This role will form part of Liberty’s Western Europe Markets product and underwriting team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Defining and delivering the Home underwriting strategy for Ireland
- Supporting the development and delivery of Liberty’s Western European Markets product and underwriting strategy and working closely with colleagues in Europe
- Develop product propositions based on technical, customer and distribution channel insights; lead the design and delivery of new propositions
- Developing appropriate acceptance criteria and terms for Home Products
- Reviewing and refining product underwriting criteria, policy wordings and features and benefits
- Portfolio Management , including development and reporting on business trends, risk limits and portfolio development in line with Underwriting Risk Policy and Risk Appetite
- Developing in conjunction with the Pricing Function appropriate pricing proposals for implementation to improve the overall performance of the Home business.
- Leading the implementation of agreed Pricing and Underwriting actions
- Development of appropriate Underwriting Guides to support front-line Underwriters and Distribution Channels
- Support Head of Personal Lines Product and Underwriting Manager in the development of Personal Lines Underwriting Strategy and Business Plans for the Home Products.
- Implementation of Underwriting Risk Policy and ensuring products meet compliance and legal requirements and development of underwriting standards, practices and controls on these
- Identifying and implementing appropriate Underwriting Process improvements to improve efficiency
- Develop appropriate strategies/measures to tackle Fraud at Underwriting stage
- Identifying and developing appropriate Distribution opportunities
- Establishing quality and audit practices for distribution channels.
- Liaising with vendor management, reinsurers, intermediaries, industry bodies and other key stakeholders where required
- Supporting Marketing in the development of marketing campaigns where appropriate
- Other responsibilities maybe assigned where appropriate
- Minimum Insurance qualification – CIP
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum 7 years underwriting experience in Home
- Product development and market experience in Home Products
- Advanced technical knowledge and market experience
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues relevant to Home Product Line
- Knowledge of all underwriting touchpoints within the business
- Demonstrates active participation in establishing financial plans for the Home, with a knowledge of insurance claims metrics such as IBNR, reserving and loss development
- Project Management Experience in financial services
- Ability to manage a team & have a flexible approach within the department and willing to travel between Dublin and Cavan and outside ROI when necessary
- Demonstrable ability to deal confidently and assertively with all levels of management
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate a team and ensure alignment to overall business goals
- Self-motivated with strong proven ability to plan & prioritise workload in order to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Innovation and solution seeking attributes
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.