Pricing Actuary (Level 1)
Product - Pricing
Liberty Mutual are making a significant strategic investment in further developing Pricing sophistication in our European markets. We are recruiting Pricing Actuaries, Data Scientists and Analytical experts to join our growing team. The successful candidates will have a unique opportunity to work on innovative Pricing projects across Ireland, Spain and Portugal. They will work closely with experienced Actuaries, Senior Analysts, Data Scientists and key business stakeholders in a collaborative and changing environment, providing leading edge Pricing solutions to drive success.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Technical leadership – projects and change
- Deliver accurate and timely Pricing analysis to assist business decision making, financial planning, and strategy development
- Assessing profitability and recommending changes for key lines of business based on appropriate tools and assumptions
- Develop, analyse and monitor key performance indicators and assess expected and actual impact of pricing changes
- Build, validate and analyse Pricing models for a variety of purposes
- Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality.
Impact & influence
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audience
- Provide technical guidance on complex issues arising and as Subject Matter Expert input to evolving GI Pricing policy
- Help develop positive relationships between the Pricing area and its business stakeholders
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced staff to help their learning and performance
- Support the on-going review of pricing practices, recommending changes and improvements that meet best practice and business objectives and comply with company policies and guidelines
- Direct the development maintenance and improvement of Pricing tools
Innovation, new thinking, strategy
- Develop solutions, under your own initiative, using sound actuarial/statistical approach to both new and routine Pricing problems
- Minimum 2.1 honours analytical degree ideally in actuarial, mathematical or statistical studies
- Nearly / Newly Qualified Actuary.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a GI Pricing role
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience of applying actuarial/statistical methodologies to business problems
- Strong IT skills, will need to be comfortable with basic programming and eager to develop this skill. Knowledge of SAS, R or Python will be an advantage
- Ideally, knowledge of GI actuarial modelling package such as Emblem, RADAR, Classifier and Earnix
- Good understanding of the business and general insurance industry and of the business implications of analytical results
- Highly motivated with a genuine interest in GI Pricing
- Personally motivated with the ability to motivate and mentor peers and more junior team members
- Ability to balance multiple projects to ensure timely delivery of accurate results
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with business stakeholders
- Able to influence / negotiate with others to achieve solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Excellent problem solver that can comfortably tackle different business problems
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills or an interest in learning
- Flexibility to travel as required
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.