Job Title: Risk Specialist – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Department: Risk Management
Reports: Head of Risk
Location: Blanchardstown or Cavan
To review and monitor the implementation, execution, and performance of
the company’s risk management system.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Attendance and support for the business at the relevant committees
- Undertake annual review of the relevant policy documents and update for relevant changes (external, internal); Undertake annual compliance with policy review
- Quarterly update of risk register, including Risks and Controls: engagement with the HoF to self assess based on outputs of relevant monitoring work; supporting the business in horizon scanning to identified emerging risks
- Reporting and monitoring of KRIs of risk limits; recalibration as required and engagement with HoF
- Reporting and monitoring of near miss/ loss events including documentation of events, engagement with HoF to consider implications and action plan monitoring
- To undertake risk monitoring reviews or risk assessment reviews
- Supporting the business through risk consultancy or other risk services as required
- Identify, develop and implement risk management best practices and process improvements
- Complete ad hoc reports and manage ad-hoc risk projects
- Professional qualification in Accountancy or Third Level Degree in Business
Experience & Knowledge
- Prior experience in Financial Services/Insurance industry
- Knowledge on quality assurance/control testing
- Knowledge on Corporate Governance obligations for companies operating in the Financial Service/Insurance industry
- Intermediate (or above) level of proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially Powerpoint)
- Highly motivated with an ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving and analytical skills within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with an ability to work with diverse groups including legal, sales, operations and senior management
- Very strong research & collaboration skills
- Ability to represent the Company publicly and with confidence
Please note that the Fitness & Probity Standards will apply to the successful candidate.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.