Job Title: Risk Surveyor
Division: Product – Commercial Lines
Reports: Senior Commercial Operations Manager
The role is responsible for the provision of an efficient and effective risk assessment and control service primarily to identify and mitigate hazards at individual risk level and meet underwriters’ requirement for good and reliable risk information, and secondly to meet the reasonable needs of customers. The role also has responsibility for the development and maintenance of a profitable book of Commercial Lines business.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Carry out risk surveys and prepare Risk Control Programmes across all classes.
- Management of outsourced service providers including quality auditing, contract management, ensuring continuity of service and ensuring adherence to Liberty risk control standards
- Provide underwriting and technical advice and assistance to underwriting teams and external customers as a recognised resource of technical expertise.
- To assist in the implementation of business plans and initiatives and the development and auctioning of risk survey plans.
- Communicate with underwriting teams, claims department and brokers to obtain and/or clarify underwriting information required for the underwriting process.
- Active participation in continuous improvement by fully engaging in huddles, generating suggestions, following appropriate procedures and work principles, participating in problem solving activities, and using continuous improvement tools to support the work of the team.
- Degree level qualification
- Grandfathered / CIP desirable
- ACII or professional insurance designation preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- 5-8 years insurance industry experience (preferably in a commercial underwriting capacity)
- Good understanding of the Republic of Ireland Insurance market
- Some awareness of the Northern Ireland Insurance market
- Solid knowledge of insurance finance and actuarial concepts
- Excellent knowledge of how to apply loss control and risk engineering techniques
- Understanding of relevant legislation, codes and standards
- Understanding of underwriting, pricing, risk selection
- Good computer skills and knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Excellent negotiation and organisation skills
- Presentation skills - experience of presenting to both internal and external parties
- Team player who will play an important role as part of a small specialised team
- Ability to meet weekly and monthly reporting deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work in order to manage your workload and deliver within agreed timeframes
- Good business acumen and willingness to work hard and meet deadlines
- Good numeric and analytical skills
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.