Senior BI Developer
Job Title: Senior BI Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports: IT Data Manager
Location: Cavan or Dublin
Experienced Business Intelligence developer required to play a key role in helping to transform how BI is used at an enterprise level, using the latest cloud based tools and methodologies.
You will have experience working with modern BI tools in a customer focused setting and a strong awareness of emerging trends within this field. You will be ambitious, adaptable and a team player with great communication skills.
In return you will work in a modern, flexible office environment. Working with the latest tools and methodologies, in an agile/dev ops team you will gain the skills and experience to take your career to the next level.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and execution of a next generation cloud based BI architecture that will complement a data warehouse built using the latest tools and methodologies.
- Develop the core reports, dashboards and data visualization tools needed to realise the BI strategy
- Working as part of an agile team, participate in all aspects of report development from requirements gathering through to implementation, support and training.
- Continuous review and implementation of best of breed practices to manage data quality within the organization.
- Support day to day enhancements of the existing and future BI infrastructures.
- Play a key role championing the value of data throughout the organization.
- Work closely with Business Partners to ensure their needs are fully understood and addressed. Champion their needs at every opportunity and help build a team that’s truly built around the customer.
- Develop excellent relationships with colleagues whose success is dependent upon your work, including reporting analysts, data engineers & data scientists.
- Guide and mentor teammates. Help build a high performance, self-supporting team.
- Build relationships, both on-site and internationally, to ensure we take fullest advantage of existing global expertise and to ensure that our talents benefit international colleagues.
- Proactively investigate and advocate for new tools, processes and working methodologies
Experience & Knowledge
- 5-10 years IT experience with at least the last 5 holding a role in a well-structured, competent BI team.
- Excellent knowledge of report and dashboard development using tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau or PowerBI.
- Understanding of data modelling techniques
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies, Scrum, SDLC development techniques
- Knowledge of the Insurance and Financial Services industries will be desirable.
- Cloud and Big Data technologies
- Experience operating in an agile team
- Excellent communicator – shares information with a concise, clear style
- Team player – relates to others in a professional manner and promotes team work. Understands the power of a team over a collection of individuals
- Self-motivated – capable of articulating your own goals and relentlessly delivering them
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and will identify the root cause of issues. Capable of seeing beyond the obvious and of finding an alternative way to the solution when the current path is blocked
- Aptitude to consider and understand Business need and ensure we can deliver to that
- Ability to thrive in a fast, flexible environment
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to on-going personal growth
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.