Job Title: Senior Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports: IT Delivery Manager
Development, implementation and support of new and existing software, working as part of an IT Delivery team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working to requirements or specifications provided, develop and maintain application systems changes for new projects, existing system enhancements and bug fixes. There will be a focus on quality delivery to agreed timescales
- Undertake Assessment and estimation activities on specified projects, providing solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas if required, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the Requirements in conjunction with Project Manager, Business Analyst, Testers and IT Delivery Manager
- Undertake Technical Lead activities where requested on specified projects, providing guidance on overall solution design, interfacing with Architecture and Infrastructure areas, bug issue tracking and resolution, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of the project in conjunction with Project Manager, Business Analyst, Testers and IT Delivery Manager (or equivalent)
- Liaise with third party suppliers & other internal departments on system requirements/issues, with regards to the delivery and support of IT systems.
- Provide support in the development life cycle, from requirements gathering through to testing and post implementation
- Deliver technical handover from the Delivery team to the Application Support team
- Adhere to Solution design standards and requirements traceability
- Adhere to all applicable IT development standards, including coding, testing and change control standards
- Report issues, track progress and developments as part of Delivery Team or BAU on a regular basis
- Adhere to issue tracking/logging procedures
- Follow company standards and procedures
- Ensure any serious issues are clearly escalated as part of the Project Team
- Will accommodate AD-HOC requests and Tasks
- Assist in the development and training of staff
- Develop an active & innovative role in the department
- Third Level degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of experience
- Certification in one the development specialisations (desirable)
Experience & Knowledge
- Will be expected to have a proven knowledge and proficiency in the most of the following development specialisations:
- Java, J2EE / JSP / OOA/D, Web Services / Spring / Struts, Servlets, AWS development and deployment, JDBC, XML, XPath, XQuery, JSF, HTML, JUnit, Eclipse, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache.
- Proven previous experience in a project delivery, application support or testing environment.
- Working knowledge of some of the following Platforms:
- I-Series, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata & Linux, RPG, RPG/ILE, CL, SQL, T- SQL, , SOAPUI, ANT, Websphere.
- Knowledge of products, processes and procedures around financial services systems will be an advantage.
- Excellent communicator – shares clear and appropriately detailed information
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and will identify the root cause of issues
- Aptitude to consider and understand business need and ensure IT can deliver that
- Team Player – relates to others in a professional manner and promotes team work
- Participates in improvement efforts within the team and ensure that options can be considered
- Seeks opportunities to improve upon existing technologies, processes, and practices
- Considers Quality and Business (Production Impact Early in the SDLC)
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.