Job Title: Underwriter
Division: Product – Commercial Lines
Reports to: Head of Commercial Underwriting Liability
To provide a high quality Underwriting service to Commercial Customers and Brokers.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Generate new business opportunities while servicing existing broker needs.
- Complete ‘File Checklists’ for each new order and document your file in line with management requirements, with a view to reducing issues arising out of internal Peer Reviews.
- Ensure that all policies are quoted within compliance timeframe and ensure that all CPC requirements are adhered to when quoting direct customers.
- Use underwriting knowledge & negotiation skills to secure the maximum premium value available for each risk – at all times operating within underwriting authority and considering the commission payable on each case.
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships with existing brokers & clients.
- Produce timely and accurate documentation.
- Deal with alteration, queries or complaints from commercial clients.
- Underwrite in accordance with company procedures.
- Assess risk, calculate premium & advise client of same.
- Negotiating terms with brokers & clients.
- Ensure that you have a good understanding of the various Commercial Non-Motor products that Liberty Insurance offer including any endorsements that may apply to those policies.
- Comply with regulatory and other standards as directed by line management.
- Position yourself as ‘Underwriter of Choice’ with a panel of brokers who have business to place.
- APA Commercial essential
- CIP desirable
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years’ experience working in the Insurance industry as a Commercial Underwriter.
- Demonstrable underwriting experience and knowledge of commercial insurance products, including underwriting, pricing and product development.
- Good understanding of the Republic of Ireland Insurance market.
- Some awareness of the Northern Ireland Insurance market.
- Proven track record of managing broker and/or client relationships.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Excellent negotiation and organisational skills
- Flexibility and attention to detail qualities are a must
- Team player who will play an important role as part of a small specialised team
- Ability to meet weekly and monthly reporting deadlines
- Presentation skills - experience of presenting to both internal and external parties
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work in order to manage your workload and deliver within agreed timeframes
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills.
- Good business acumen and willingness to work hard and meet deadlines.
Please note this role is also deemed a Minimum Competency role.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.