Job Title: Underwriting Assistant
Division: Product – Commercial Lines
Reports to: Head of Commercial Property
Provide timely and high quality underwriting assistance to senior underwriting teams by applying knowledge of underwriting in screening, making proposals on rating and entering transactions for commercial lines of business. Carry out a variety of mid-term alterations to assigned book of business within delegated underwriting authority levels (MTA’s only). Uses advanced knowledge and skills to handle moderately complex account work, pricing calculations and solve problems. Supports marketing activities to brokers and actively participates in the broker relationship management process. Identify opportunity to eliminate waste and continuously improve processes and the customer’s experience.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide high quality underwriting assistance to senior underwriter’s by ensuring that renewals and new business are underwritten and processed in a timely and efficient fashion; policy transactions agreed by senior underwriters are completed and issued in line with CPC and broker SLA’s agreements; mid-term alterations are recorded accurately and in a timely manner utilising agreed underwriting authority levels (MTA’s only) for commercial lines of business.
- Preparing renewal review forms along with proposals on renewal pricing to senior underwriter’s extending to include the calculation and consideration of burning cost premium requirement and risk profitability index.
- Screening and selection of new business risks with proposals of rating to senior underwriters on cases that fall within the commercial department risk appetite.
- Communicates with underwriting teams, claims department and brokers to obtain and/or clarify underwriting information required for the rating and data entry process.
- Order miscellaneous reports needed in the rating and underwriting process including claims experience reports, credit checks and survey requests.
- Provide high quality file management service to underwriting teams by documenting the file in a way that reflects a solid thought process and decision making via comprehensive account reviews, sign-offs and referrals to senior underwriters.
- Enter submissions, quotations and bound policies on HFI/Ifaces, recording and managing underwriter workflow and other submission activity systems and general admin duties associated with day to day underwriting operations.
- Management and updating of monthly renewal allocation lists and weekly new business workflows for senior underwriting teams.
- Assist senior underwriters is responding to queries from claims, credit control, risk or any other area of the business in a timely manner by problem solving and presenting ready-made solutions.
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness and focus on supporting broker objectives through successful negotiations and service delivery to senior underwriting teams and brokers.
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as required.
- APA essential
- CIP desirable
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ insurance experience
- Good technical knowledge of commercial insurance products
- Excellent knowledge of all Liberty Insurance computer systems
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and ability to analyse data.
- Team player who will play an important role as part of a small specialised team.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work in order to manage your workload and deliver within agreed timeframes.
- A professional and enthusiastic manner with strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Willingness to learn with an adaptable approach to ensure flexibility within the role.
Please note this role is also deemed a Minimum Competency role.
Liberty Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to apply for any of the above positions please submit your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, if you require further information on this vacancy, please contact our
Human Resources Department on +353 (0)1 553 4060.