Does your driving Licence photo look like a mug shot? When applying for your Licence and car insurance ensure you have a decent photo taken. Here are nine tips for getting a driving Licence photo you can be proud of.
- Plan your outfit. Wear a shirt colour that complements your skin tone. To add brightness or conceal your neck, add a tie or a silk scarf.
- Polish your teeth. Whitening your teeth is an easy way to look healthier!
- Prepare your hair. Style your hair so it has great body. If you colour your hair, then time your stylist with taking your photograph.
- Adjust your make-up. Eyes and lips can easily appear washed-out. If you normally wear make-up, you might want to apply it more heavily than usual.
- Fight the shine. People look better in photos when shine is controlled. Bring a pocket-sized mirror and powder or blotting paper. You’ll be able to touch up your skin right before the photo is taken.
- Turn your shoulders. By slightly turning your shoulders away from the camera, you’ll help minimise bulk that’s added in photos.
- Tilt your chin. Hold your chin up at a slight angle. That way, gravity will pull back facial skin and minimise the appearance of wrinkles and jowls.
- Blink first. Before the photographer counts to three, close your eyes for a few seconds. This will help prevent you from blinking during the shot.
- Try again. Ask to see your picture. If you don’t like the photo, the photographer will probably understand and try again.