Pricing Manager - WEM Street Pricing
Job Title: Pricing Manager - WEM Street Pricing
Reports to: Head of WEM Street Pricing and Economics
Location: Digital Working Model (primarily remote working with option of spending 2 days per week in office location – Madrid, Dublin or Lisbon)
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead a team that deliver accurate and timely Pricing analysis to assist business decision making, financial planning, and strategy development.
- Contributing to the overall Pricing Sophistication project within the company; implementing cutting edge Pricing models and designing sophisticated Pricing actions to achieve targets.
- Key role within the business ensuring delivery of key profitability and growth KPIs; effectively communicate performance of these KPIs to senior stakeholders and ensure robust supporting analysis.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations for the team by establishing priorities, scheduling and assigning work in an agile environment.
- Use the objective setting and performance evaluation processes to ensure employees understand expectations, receive regular feedback and are appropriately developed and rewarded.
- Attract, develop and engage talent to achieve high levels of performance.
Impact & influence
- Understand vision, goals and direction of team and Organization.
- Working with other teams within the Organisation, responding with flexibility while adapting to the ever-changing market conditions and business needs.
- Manage and develop key internal and external stakeholder relationships and manage the integration of the department with the wider business to deliver a better service.
- Focus on developing good relationships with teams outside of the Pricing area including Product and the Global Liberty partners.
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical Pricing work to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support the on-going review of pricing practices, recommending changes and improvements that meet best practice and business objectives and comply with company policies and guidelines.
- Identify data requirements and quality issues for analysis, tool development, reporting and decision making
Innovation, new thinking, strategy
- Develop solutions, under your own initiative, using sound actuarial/statistical approach to both new and routine Pricing problems.
- Key contributor to the wider Global Digital Ecosystem project; delivering a new cloud-based system to manage and analysis data, create pricing solutions and implement Pricing structures.
- Champion change initiatives, support people through transition; track results and address issues.
- Analytical degree ideally in Actuarial, Mathematical, Statistical or Data Science studies.
- Qualified Actuary or similar analytical professional.
Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years’ experience in a General Insurance (GI) Pricing role ideally with experience leading a team.
- Strong knowledge of insurance operations and the procedures of other insurance departments.
- Track record of leading significant deliveries.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural or cross-border team an advantage.
- Experience of working within a framework of legal and company policy procedures and guidelines, understanding the regulatory environment and impact on Pricing practices.
- Good working knowledge of professional standards and codes.
- Highly motivated to deliver consistent high performance.
- Excellent planning and organising skills, highly skilled at managing own workload and team objectives.
- Able to influence / negotiate with others to achieve solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with understanding of all GI actuarial techniques, standards and assumptions.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and build effective relationships within and outside the organization.
- Highly motivated to innovate and improve current processes
- Ability to lead and get work done through others.
- Ability to communicate and influence at senior management level.
- Ability to coach and develop team members.
- Effective fluency in English is required.