Liberty Insurance Ireland Website Cookies Policy
Definition and purpose of cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file downloaded by the website on your computer or device to store information about your browsing through the website or other web pages you visited after or before it. The information recorded through cookies may include the IP address and other browsing data. Cookies allow us to, amongst other things, straightforwardly identify the user (despite the user changing their location or IP address) and to obtain information about the user's browsing habits. Each browser has a personalised cookie that is entirely different to those the rest may have.
What type of cookies do we use? How do we adjust them?
The owner of this website can use specific cookies where user consent is not a must because they are excluded from the scope of ePrivacy regulations, which means these cookies are considered strictly necessary for the use of the website. However, this website also uses not-strictly necessary cookies, which may require user consent. You can find further information regarding our cookies below, as well as information on how you can accept or reject them as you deem appropriate:
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
These are cookies for internal use and are updated to let the user perform regular website use. They are generally used to control the access to assistance and self-manage private areas that allows the maintenance of the user session while visiting the website. These types of cookies prevail in private domains where authorisation is needed. You can find the details of the Strictly Necessary Cookies implemented on this website.
Analytical cookies intend to generate statistics regarding user activity to grant the best service to the visitor. Information gathered is anonymous, so it is impossible to link between navigation and individuals. Find the details of the Analytical Cookies implemented on this website.
Customisation cookies intend to deliver personalised content on the website to the user to grant you the best possible experience. Find the details of the Customisation Cookies implemented on this website.
Advertising cookies intend to analyse user behaviour to deliver advertising related to what might be interesting to them depending on their profile and decide how often these advertisements appear.
This site uses first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are stored by the domain you are visiting directly. They allow website owners to collect analytics data, remember language settings, and perform other useful functions that help provide a good user experience. Third-party cookies are created by domains other than the one you are visiting directly, hence the name third-party. They're used for cross-site tracking, re-targeting and ad-serving. Find the details of the Advertising Cookies implemented on this website.
You can update your cookie preferences here.
How to disable your cookies
In addition, you can also restrict or block cookies at any time by modifying your browser to reject all of them or some of them from every website you may visit. You can find information below on how to do this, depending on your choice of browser:
- Open Chrome;
- In the settings at the top right hand of the browser, click "More";
- Click "More tools", and then "Clear browsing data";
- At the top, choose a time range;
- To delete everything, select "All time";
- Check the boxes next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files";
- Click "Clear data".
- Open Microsoft Edge;
- In the settings at the top right hand of the browser, click "Settings";
- Select "Privacy & Security" from the menu;
- Click on "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data";
- Check the boxes next to "Cookies and saved website data" (and any other data you want to clear);
- Click "Clear".
- Open Firefox;
- Click the menu button and choose "Options";
- Select the "Privacy & Security" panel;
- In the "Cookies and Site Data section", click "Clear Data";
- Remove the checkmark in front of "Cookies and Site Data With "Cached Web Content" check marked, click "Clear";
- Close the about preferences page; Your changes will automatically be saved.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Select the settings icon in the top right of the browser;
- Select "Safety" and then select "Delete browsing history";
- Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC;
- Select "Delete".
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose "Safari"> "Preferences";
- Click "Privacy" and then do any of the following: Block cookies: Select "Block all cookies";
- Remove stored cookies and data: Click "Manage Website Data" and select one or more websites;
- Click "Remove" or "Remove All";
- See which websites store cookies or data: "Click Manage Website Data".
Changes to our Cookie