Custom-built cover, fast claims and up to 25% off when you quote and buy your car insurance online. That's Liberty.
Great reasons to get your car insurance at Liberty
Check all cover options and car insurance benefits
Every driver has different needs. Here, you can compare car insurance policies, from fully comprehensive to third-party only. You'll also be able to personalise your cover with a range of optional extras. That's Liberty.
Car insurance policies to suit everyone
Whether you’re a young driver who just got your license or an experienced driver who has driven for decades, Liberty Insurance has a car insurance policy to suit your needs.
Standard car insurance
Getting customised car insurance has never been easier.
Check the available policy options, including breakdown assistance, driving other cars, or even personal accident and choose those that suit you best.
And what you need is what you get — controlled costs, no hidden add-ons, and insurance that keeps you 100% covered.
Young drivers car insurance
We've all been there, and we know that those first days on the road can be nerve-racking.
But getting your car covered doesn't have to be stressful.
That's why at Liberty, we offer competitive car insurance quotes to meet the needs of young and first-time drivers.
Experienced drivers car insurance
With experience comes expertise, and we like to recognise safe driving.
If you have a spotless driving history and no driving claims, you deserve to be recognised.
Get the best car insurance for you, save money with our customisable cover options and benefits and keep driving safely.
Great experiences make for great reviews
Managing your car insurance policy is simple
At Liberty, we know that not everything goes to plan in real life.
That's why in only a few minutes, you can change your car policy, add a cover option, pay for renewal or access all the documentation you need and save both money and time.
Read our frequently asked questions on car insurance
We’re now giving up to 25% off car insurance if you get a quote and buy your policy online. The discount will be applied automatically when you get your quote, and you can be covered instantly. It couldn’t be simpler.
With our quick and easy online quote system, a typical car insurance quote takes only two minutes. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.
To get a quote, you'll need to provide us with various details of all drivers to be insured on the policy. Please ensure that you have the additional driver's permission to share their information with us. Some of the details required are listed below. However, you may also need additional details which you'll be prompted to enter as you complete your quote:
- Date of birth
- Licence details
- Conviction details
You'll also need the details below of the vehicle you're insuring:
- Registration number or make, model and year of manufacture
- Address where it will be kept
A No Claims Bonus (or No Claims Discount) is a discount which you earn by holding a policy in your own name without any claims.
Details of a No Claims Bonus
- It builds up in years, so the more years you drive without any claims, the bigger your discount will be, up to a limit of nine years.
- Your No Claims Discount must have been earned on a policy within the past 24 months. To clarify, you must have held a policy in your name with your No Claims Bonus obtained within the past 24 months.
- The discount can only be used on one policy and for one person at any one time. This means that if you currently hold another policy which will be remaining active, you cannot use the No Claims Bonus from that policy on this one.
- You can use a No Claims Bonus earned on private motor, taxi or commercial policies on your private motor policy.
- To avail of a No Claims Bonus, you must have earned your bonus on a similar policy. For example, for a No Claims Bonus to be applied on a motorcycle policy, it must have been earned on a motorcycle policy.
- You can use a No Claims Bonus earned on a commercial vehicle or private motor vehicle towards a commercial vehicle policy providing the weight of the vehicle does not exceed two tonne carrying capacity.
What if my No Claims Discount is from outside ROI?
If your No Claims Discount has been earned outside the Republic of Ireland, it must have been earned in the past 24 months, within the UK, all EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Once we receive proof of your No Claims Discount, we will contact your last insurer to confirm the document is valid.
- We may need your help during this process, so we would request that you assist us with this. For example, we may ask you for contact details for your last insurer. We may also request that you contact your previous insurer to allow us to obtain information on your previous policy.
- This process may take some time.
- If we are unable to confirm your No Claims Discount, this may result in the removal of your discount, hence your premium may increase.
What do I need to do next?
Once you buy your policy, you will need to provide us with proof of your No Claims Bonus. To do this, you'll need to send us a copy of your No Claims Bonus Certificate.
Your No Claims Bonus Certificate will be included in your renewal pack from your previous insurer, or you can request it from them if you don’t already have it.
You can email a copy or a clear photo of your certificate to us. Click here to contact us. Remember to add your policy or reference number clearly in any emails you send to us.
If you earned your No Claims Discount with Liberty Insurance under a previous policy, please contact us to advise.
You can choose to add Breakdown Assistance as an optional cover.
If you cannot drive your vehicle as a result of a breakdown, we'll arrange one hour of free roadside assistance and tow the vehicle to the nearest competent repairer, or to a garage of your choice, whichever is closer. If the repairs cannot be completed where the vehicle broke down and you're away from home, we can arrange and pay up to €150 for one of the following:
- Transport for you and your passengers to your intended destination within the territorial limits; or
- Use of a replacement vehicle for up to 48 hours while the repairs are being carried out; or
- Bed and breakfast accommodation for one night only while repairs are being carried out (up to €35 for each person and €150 in total). If the vehicle is repaired, we will provide the cost of public transport for you to collect the vehicle.