Your van insurance
Van insurance from only €38* a month. That's your working week and your precious time off at weekends protected. That's Liberty.
Van Insurance that works as hard as you do
Great experiences make for great reviews
Managing your policy can be so simple
At Liberty, we know that in real life, not everything goes to plan.
That's why in only a few minutes, you can get a van insurance quote,
change your van policy, add a cover option, pay for renewal or access
all the documentation you need and save both money and time.
Any questions? We're glad to help
This is a discount we offer if you haven't had a policy in your own name before, but have been a named driver on someone else's policy without any claims:
- It works in the same way as a No Claims Bonus, so you get a discount on your premium for your experience.
- To get the discount you must have been named on a private car.
- The end date of the most recent named driving period must be within the last 24 months.
- It must be at least one year, and each year must be a full 12 months.
- This means there must be no more than 24 months in between driving periods and no more than 24 months since you have last been named on a policy.
- For van insurance, you must have been named on a commercial van or truck policy.
- If you qualify for the discount, you'll need to send us proof (a letter from the previous insurance company) once you start your policy.
- Please note that Named Driver Experience earned on a Motorbike, Motor trade or fleet policies cannot be used on a Private Motor policy.
My Named Driving Experience is on a company car, is this accepted?
We accept a named driving discount for company cars as long as the car was specifically for your own use.
If you still work for the company and have the sole use of a car, we cannot accept this company's Car Driving experience.
You will need to provide a letter from the insurance company saying you were named on the policy and there were no claims.
If you were not named on the company policy, you need to provide:
- Proof from the company who owned the car that you were the only driver of the car.
- Proof from the insurance company or broker that there were no claims.
What if my Named Driving Experience is from outside ROI?
- If your Named Driving Experience has been earned outside the Republic of Ireland, it must have been earned in the past 24 months, within the UK, all EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Once we receive proof of your named driving experience, we will contact your last insurer to confirm the document is valid.
- We may need your help during this process, so we would request that you assist us with this. For example, we may ask you for contact details for your last insurer. We may also request that you contact your previous insurer to allow us to obtain information on your previous policy.
- This process may take some time.
- If we are unable to confirm your named driving experience this may result in the removal of your discount, hence your premium may increase.
What do I need to do next?
Once you buy your policy, you will need to provide us with proof of your named driving experience. To do this, you will need to send us a letter from each of your previous insurers to show the period you were a named driver on each policy and prove you were claim-free.
We cannot accept a Certificate of Insurance, proposal form, or Insurance Schedule of Insurance as proof of your named driving experience.
You can email a copy or clear photo of your named driving experience to us. You can contact us here. Remember to reference your policy or reference number clearly in any emails you send to us.
If you earned your Named Driving Experience with Liberty Insurance under a previous policy, please contact us to advise.
The van's stereo, sat nav, or other radio equipment will be covered up to €635 or 5% of the market vehicle value (whichever is lower) provided they are permanently fixed to the vehicle.
Personal possessions such as handbags, shopping, etc., are not covered, so please do not leave them in your van.
No Claims Bonus Protection is an optional extra on car, van, and motorcycle insurance policies, which means one claim in the insurance year will not affect your No Claims Bonus at all. After more than one claim, step back no claims protection will apply. Although you can protect your no claims discount, your premium may still be affected by any claims we pay.
Step back no claims applies if you have not opted to protect your No Claims Bonus. If you claim you can keep part of your no claims discount — five or more years no claims will step back to two years discount, four years step back to one year discount and three or less years will go back to zero years discount.
You must have at least four years of No Claims Bonus to avail of No Claims Bonus Protection.
Your van insurance .futureproofed