How can we help you?
Centro de ajuda
If you're thinking about getting an insurance policy with Liberty but still have some queries, check the frequently asked questions below and get all the information you need.
Car, van or fleet.
You need to call the 24-hour windscreen helpline on 1800 94 4435 (or 00 800 88 0 88 228 if calling from outside the Republic of Ireland). You will be asked for your policy reference number.
For more information:
We’re now giving up to 25% off car insurance if you get a quote and buy your policy online. The discount will be applied automatically when you get your quote, and you can be covered instantly.
It couldn’t be simpler.
A typical car insurance quote takes only 2 minutes with our quick and easy online quote system.
Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.
We will send you your renewal quote about 30 days before your renewal date. It is very important that you carefully read your renewal information and let us know about any changes that could affect your policy.
Did you know you can now pay for your renewal online?
If you currently pay for your policy on a monthly basis, there is no need for you to do anything. We will automatically renew your policy and apply for your monthly direct debits as normal. We will send your new policy documents once we have received your payment.
A No Claims Bonus (or No Claims Discount) is a discount you earn by holding a policy in your name without any claims.
- It builds up in years, so the more years you drive without any claims, the bigger your discount will be, up to a limit of nine years.
- Your no claims discount must have been earned on a policy within the past 24 months. To clarify, you must have held a policy in your name with your No Claims Bonus obtained within the past 24 months.
- The discount can only be used on one policy and for one person at any one time. This means that if you currently hold another policy remaining active you cannot use the No Claims Bonus from that policy on this one.
- You can use a No Claims Bonus earned on private motor, taxi or commercial policies on your private motor policy.
- To avail of a No Claims Bonus, you must have earned your bonus on a similar policy. For example, for No Claims Bonus to be applied on a motorcycle policy, it must have been earned on a motorcycle policy.
- You can use a No Claims Bonus earned on a commercial vehicle or private motor vehicle towards a commercial vehicle policy, providing weight of the vehicle does not exceed a two-tonne carrying capacity.
What if my No Claims Discount is from outside ROI?
If your No Claims Discount has been earned outside the Republic of Ireland, it must have been earned in the past 24 months, within the UK, all EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Once we receive proof of your no claims discount, we will contact your last insurer to confirm the document is valid.
- We may need your help during this process so we would request that you assist us with this. For example, we may ask you for contact details for your last insurer. We may also request that you contact your previous insurer to allow us to obtain information on your previous policy.
- This process may take some time.
- If we are unable to confirm your no claims discount this may result in the removal of your discount, hence your premium may increase.
What do I need to do next?
Once you buy your policy, you will need to provide us with proof of your no claims bonus. To do this you will need to send us a copy of your No Claims Bonus Certificate.
Your No Claims Bonus Certificate will be included in your renewal pack from your previous insurer, or you can request it from them if you don’t already have it.
You can email a copy or a clear photo of your certificate to us. Click here to contact us. Remember to add your policy or reference number clearly in any emails you send to us.
If you earned your No Claims Discount with Liberty Insurance under a previous policy, please contact us to advise.
How can we help you?
Whether you need simple information, make a claim, or assistance while getting a quote, we are always available at Liberty.
Connect with us
Check the best way to get in touch with Liberty.
Manage your policy
Managing your policy is quick and easy. Use the self-service option