How can we help you?
Centro de ajuda
If you're thinking about getting an insurance policy with Liberty or have some queries about your existing policy, check the frequently asked questions below and get all the information you need.
If you have recently changed your bank you will need to share the new IBAN with us. This will ensure your payments are received in a timely manner and there's no impact to your policy. Simply complete this secure payment details form and we will confirm once the details have been updated.
If you have been impacted by the closure of KBC or Ulster Bank, we have more detailed information here.
To update your payment information relating to your policy including your credit/debit card details, please give us a call and a member of our team will be happy to support you. You can find our contact details here.
- Make a payment
- Renew online
- Change your vehicle details
- Add a driver
- Change your registration number
- Change your contact details
For all other changes, please contact us here.
We will send you your renewal quote about 30 days before your renewal date. It's very important that you carefully read your renewal information and let us know about any changes that could affect your policy.
Did you know you can now pay for your renewal online?
If you currently pay for your policy on a monthly basis, there's no need for you to do anything. We will automatically renew your policy and apply for your monthly direct debits as normal. We will send your new policy documents once we have received your payment.
A No Claims Bonus (or No Claims Discount) is a discount you earn by holding a policy in your name without any claims.
Details of No Claims Bonus
- It builds up in years, so the more years you drive without any claims, the bigger your discount will be, up to a limit of nine years.
- Your No Claims Discount must have been earned on a policy within the past 24 months. To clarify, you must have held a policy in your name with your No Claims Bonus obtained within the past 24 months.
- The discount can only be used on one policy and for one person at any one time. This means that if you currently hold another policy remaining active, you cannot use the No Claims Bonus from that policy on this one.
- You can use a No Claims Bonus earned on private motor, taxi, or commercial policies on your private motor policy.
- To avail of a No Claims Bonus, you must have earned your bonus on a similar policy. For example, for No Claims Bonus to be applied on a motorcycle policy, it must have been earned on a motorcycle policy.
- You can use a No Claims Bonus earned on a commercial vehicle or private motor vehicle towards a commercial vehicle policy, providing weight of the vehicle does not exceed a two-tonne carrying capacity.
What if my No Claims Discount is from outside ROI?
If your No Claims Discount has been earned outside the Republic of Ireland, it must have been earned in the past 24 months, within the UK, all EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Once we receive proof of your No Claims Discount, we will contact your last insurer to confirm the document is valid.
- We may need your help during this process so we would request that you assist us with this. For example, we may ask you for contact details for your last insurer. We may also request that you contact your previous insurer to allow us to obtain information on your previous policy.
- This process may take some time.
- If we are unable to confirm your No Claims Discount, this may result in the removal of your discount, hence your premium may increase.
What do I need to do next?
Once you buy your policy, you will need to provide us with proof of your No Claims Bonus. To do this you will need to send us a copy of your No Claims Bonus Certificate.
Your No Claims Bonus Certificate will be included in your renewal pack from your previous insurer, or you can request it from them if you don’t already have it.
You can email a copy or a clear photo of your certificate to us. Click here to contact us. Remember to add your policy or reference number clearly in any emails you send to us.
If you earned your No Claims Discount with Liberty Insurance under a previous policy, please contact us to advise.
Underinsurance occurs when you don't have enough insurance to cover the cost to rebuild, reinstate, or replace your buildings or home contents. This can happen when these costs are inaccurately stated in your home insurance policy.
At Liberty, we want to protect your future by giving you all the information you need to avoid being underinsured. For more on underinsurance, click here.
Select your topic and find the answer to your question.
Pay and renew
Get a document
How can we help you?
Whether you need simple information, make a claim, or assistance while getting a quote, we are always available at Liberty.
Connect with us
Check the best way to get in touch with Liberty.
Manage your policy
Managing your policy is quick and easy. Use the self-service option