We understand that young and first time drivers need to be given a chance to get on the road and start building up their own no claims bonus. That's why we offer competitive car insurance quotes including taking your named driver experience into consideration. That's Liberty.
Great reasons to get your car insurance at Liberty
Good experiences make for good reviews
4.2/5 Liberty Score
Managing your policy can be so simple
At Liberty, we know that not everything goes to plan in real life.
That's why in only a few minutes, you can change your car policy, add a cover option, pay for renewal or access all the documentation you need and save both money and time. That's Liberty.
Any questions? We're glad to help.
You can choose to add Breakdown Assistance as an optional cover.
If you cannot drive your vehicle as a result of a breakdown we will arrange one hours free roadside assistance and tow the vehicle to the nearest competent repairer, or to a garage of your choice, whichever is closer. If the repairs cannot be completed where the vehicle broke down and you are away from home, we can arrange and pay up to €150 for one of the following:
- transport for you and your passengers to your intended destination within the territorial limits; or
- use of a replacement vehicle for up to 48 hours while the repairs are being carried out; or
- bed and breakfast accommodation for one night only while repairs are being carried out (up to €35 for each person and €150 in total). If the vehicle is repaired, we will provide the cost of public transport for you to collect the vehicle.
Windscreen cover* is included as standard on our comprehensive car insurance policies.
This is an optional extra on third party fire and theft car insurance policies. This covers all the windows in the car (but does not include sunroofs, glass roofs or panoramic sunroofs) as long as an approved repairer is used.
A claim on your windscreen cover won't affect your no claims bonus. Two claims for every vehicle in any one period allowed.
Call 1800 944 410 to arrange for your windscreen to be repaired.
[*] Windscreen Replacement Excess applies should your windscreen be deemed unrepairable by the glass technician. You pay the first amount as outlined in your policy schedule and we pay the rest.
A no claims bonus (or no claims discount) is a discount which you earn by holding a policy in your own name without any claims.
- It builds up in years, so the more years you drive without any claims, the bigger your discount will be, up to a limit of nine years.
- Your no claims discount must have been earned on a policy within the past 24 months. To clarify you must have held a policy in your name with your no claims bonus obtained within the past 24 months.
- The discount can only be used on one policy and for one person at any one time. This means that if you currently hold another policy which will be remaining active you cannot use the No Claims Bonus from that policy on this one.
- You can use a no claims bonus earned on private motor, taxi or commercial policies on your private motor policy.
- To avail of a no claims bonus, you must have earned your bonus on a similar policy. For example for no claims bonus to be applied on a motorcycle policy, it must have been earned on a motorcycle policy.
- You can use a no claims bonus earned on a commercial vehicle or private motor vehicle towards a commercial vehicle policy providing weight of the vehicle does not exceed two tonne carrying capacity.
What if my No Claims Discount is from outside ROI?
If your No Claims Discount has been earned outside the Republic of Ireland, it must have been earned in the past 24 months, within UK, all EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
- Once we receive proof of your no claims discount, we will contact your last insurer to confirm the document is valid.
- We may need your help during this process so we would request that you assist us with this. For example we may ask you for contact details for your last insurer. We may also request that you contact your previous insurer to allow us to obtain information on your previous policy.
- This process may take some time.
- If we are unable to confirm your no claims discount this may result in the removal of your discount, hence your premium may increase.
What do I need to do next?
Once you buy your policy, you will need to provide us with proof of your no claims bonus. To do this you will need to send us a copy of your No Claims Bonus Certificate.
Your No Claims Bonus Certificate will be included in your renewal pack from your previous insurer, or you can request it from them if you don’t already have it.
You can email a copy or a clear photo of your certificate to us. Click here to contact us. Remember to add your policy or reference number clearly in any emails you send to us.
If you earned your No Claims Discount with Liberty Insurance under a previous policy, please contact us to advise.
To get a quote, you will need to provide us with various details of all drivers to be insured on the policy. Please ensure that you have the additional driver's permission to share their information with us. Some of the details you will require are listed below, however you may also need additional details which you will be prompted to enter as you complete your quote:
- date of birth;
- licence details;
- claims; and
- conviction details
You will also need the details below of the vehicle you are insuring;
- registration number or make, model and year of manufacture; and
- address where it will be kept
Your car insurance .futureproofed