TitleGet our best quote online
Ready to get a quote? At Liberty Insurance we give you up to 5 weeks free when you quote and buy online.
It's also the fastest way to get a quote. Whatever time of the day or night, you'll have your answer in as little as two minutes. The discount is applied automatically to your quote and you're covered from the moment you buy, so you'll be on the road in no time. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.
Named driver discount
If this is your first car insurance policy in your own name, you may get a discount if you’ve been a named driver on someone else’s policy and had no claims. Terms and conditions apply.
All you need to do is provide a letter from your current insurance company as proof of your driving experience, confirming no claims and dates you were named on the policy. It’s a perfect start for those taking out their first policy.
Affordable car insurance, same cover
Offering discounts to younger drivers on your car insurance doesn’t mean we’ve compromised on the cover you’ll get. All our standard car insurance features are still included, and you can select any optional covers too.
That means you’ll still get benefits such as free 24 hour breakdown assistance with home start as well as audio cover up to €635 or 5% of the value of the vehicle, whichever is lower. It’s simply better value for money.
Online discount applies to new private car policies only. 5 weeks free equals a 10% discount. Maximum discount €150. Subject to minimum premium and applied before optional covers. Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.
Named driver discount
Named Driver Discount: If you don't have a no claims discount and have been a named driver on another private car or company car policy, we may offer you a discount providing you have had no claims.
- You will need to send evidence of your named driving experience within 7 days of starting a new policy with us. We can accept photocopies or an original letter from your previous Insurance company which should outline the dates when you were named on the policy. Certificates of Insurance cannot be accepted as proof of named driving experience.
- The end date of the most recent named driving period must be within the last two years and each year must be a full 12 months.
- We can accept named driving discount for company cars/fleet policies, providing you provide a letter from the insurance company stating you were named on the policy and there were no claims. The letter should also detail the insurance period(s) of the policy.
- If you were not named on the company policy you need to provide proof from the company who owned the car that you were the only driver of the car and proof from the insurance company/broker that there were no claims.
- Experience must have been earned within Ireland, UK, all EU countries, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand and gained within the last 2 years.
If you would like to talk to one of our agents about your previous driving experience to ensure you are entitled to this discount, call us on 1890 89 1890.
- These are the general terms & conditions that apply to Private Motor Promotional Codes, from time to time specific promotional code campaigns will have specific terms and conditions associated with them.
- Promotional codes apply to Private Motor policies only.
- Policies must be in the name of an individual and not a company.
- Normal underwriting terms & conditions apply. We reserve the right to refuse insurance cover.
- Policies are subject to minimum premium, as a result the full promotional code discount will not apply if the minimum premium threshold is reached with a lesser discount.
- The policyholder will be liable for any premium increases arising from changes they make during the policy period.
- No other promotional discount can be applied where a promotional code discount has been issued, with the exception of MPD.
- New business promotional codes can only be used for a new business purchase, and renewal promotional codes can only be used for a renewal purchase. Matching a renewal quote to a new business quote, where a new business promotional code has been applied will not be allowed.
- Promotional codes are date specific, only valid promotional codes will be accepted.
- Promotional codes, unless in the circumstance of a vulnerable customer can only be applied through the Liberty Insurance website.
- We reserve the right to change or cease the offer at any time.
- Separate Terms & Conditions apply to the Liberty Insurance "Friends & Family" Promotional Code.
- In the scenario that a customer has incepted their policy but then wishes to use a promotional code, the promotional code will not be applied.