Tips for Taking a Licence Photo
Does your driving licence photo look like a mug shot? When applying for your driving licence and car insurance, ensure you have a decent photo taken. Here are nine tips for getting a driving licence photo you can be proud of.
- Plan your outfit: Wear a shirt colour that complements your skin tone. To add brightness or conceal your neck, add a tie or a silk scarf.
- Polish your teeth: Whitening your teeth is an easy way to look healthier!
- Prepare your hair: Style your hair so it has great body. If you colour your hair, then time your stylist with taking your photograph.
- Adjust your make-up: Eyes and lips can easily appear washed-out. If you normally wear make-up, you might want to apply it more heavily than usual.
- Fight the shine: People look better in photos when shine is controlled. Bring a pocket-sized mirror and powder or blotting paper. You’ll be able to touch up your skin right before the photo is taken.
- Turn your shoulders: By slightly turning your shoulders away from the camera, you’ll help minimise bulk that’s added in photos.
- Tilt your chin: Hold your chin up at a slight angle. That way, gravity will pull back facial skin and minimise the appearance of wrinkles and jowls.
- Blink first: Before the photographer counts to three, close your eyes for a few seconds. This will help prevent you from blinking during the shot.
- Try again: Ask to see your picture. If you don’t like the photo, the photographer will probably understand and try again.
Car Insurance With Liberty
So, you have your driving licence - perfect photo included - and you can't wait to get out on the road. At Liberty Insurance, we offer policies that give you the freedom to roam without worry, with fast claims and up to 25% off when you quote and buy your car insurance online.