How to make a car insurance claim
Been in an accident and need to make a claim on your car insurance? Here’s how to do it, in four easy steps.
Being involved in a road accident or breakdown is distressing enough, especially when it involves loss or injury to you, your family and your car. At Liberty Insurance, we believe that your claims experience should be fair, efficient, prompt and transparent, which is why we have made it as simple as possible.
How to make a claim
1. If you are ever involved in a motor accident that may lead to making a claim on your car insurance, the first thing you should do is notify the Gardaí.
2. Note down the insurance details of any other parties involved, as well as names, addresses and contact details of any independent witnesses to the incident.
3. Never admit liability, even if you initially feel you may have been at fault in some way. It may be that this is not the case, and to admit any responsibility could harm your claim.
4. Call us as soon as possible. You can contact us here. Please have all the relevant policy details to hand, including the policy reference number that begins with either XB or GEI as well as the date, location, and circumstances of the incident, and any applicable third party details.
We’ll take it from there
Once all your details are in, we promise to deal with your claim quickly and fairly:
• We will assign you a personal claims handler who will immediately begin dealing with your claim.
• Your personal claims handler will let you know what you are covered for, as well as keep you informed of any significant developments, communicate clearly with you on the status of your claim, and provide the highest levels of customer care at all times.
• Got questions? You’ll be able to get in touch with our claims personnel at any stage of the process.
So however distressing a motoring accident may be, rest assured that making a claim on your car insurance won’t be.
Claiming on your car insurance should always be simple and fair. That’s insurance the way it should be. Find out more.