Am I insured to drive other vehicles?
Check your Certificate of Insurance to see if you are covered to drive other cars. If so, the policyholder will have third party only cover to drive other private motor cars that are temporarily borrowed, under the following conditions:
- the other car is not owned by you or your employer or hired to you or them under a hire-purchase or lease agreement;
- you currently hold a full European Union (EU) licence;
- the use of the other car is covered in your certificate of insurance;
- there is a current insurance policy in place in another person’s name that covers the other car;
- you have the owner’s permission to drive the other car;
- the other car is in a roadworthy condition and holds a valid NCT;
- you still have the insured vehicle and it holds a valid NCT and is in a roadworthy condition; and
- your occupation is not restricted by our acceptance criteria.
This extension applies while being driven in Ireland or the UK, and only to private passenger vehicles.
It does not include:
- jeep-type vehicles with no seats in the back; or
- vans adapted to carry passengers.
For full details please refer to section two of the policy booklet.
If you are in any doubt as to whether the benefit applies to your policy, please contact us on 1890 89 1890, or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information
No – there is no Third Party Extension on a Fleet Policy with Liberty Insurance.