Top tips to help you get the best van insurance
To help you choose the best van insurance out there, follow these six top tips
if you can’t drive your van, it will cost you money every minute it’s off the road
If you rely on your van for work, you need it to be road-ready every day. After all, if you can’t drive your van, it will cost you money every minute it’s off the road. As well as keeping it in top condition, that means making sure you have the right van insurance policy, with a company that has your back. So whether it’s your first time shopping for van insurance, or your policy is up for renewal, follow these top tips to get the van insurance policy that’s right for you.
1. Consider the type of cover you need
Every business is different, and you need a policy that suits your best. At Liberty Insurance, that means giving you the freedom of choice. Here’s what we offer:
- Third party: this covers all drivers under your policy for any legal responsibility to a third party only, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Third party, fire and theft: in addition to third party cover, this covers your van for loss or damage caused by fire, self-ignition, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Comprehensive: in addition for covering liability to Third Parties, your van is also covered for loss or damage caused by fire, self-ignition, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft, and accidental damage, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Offered as standard on our policies, Step Back No Claims means if you drive for five or more years without a claim, we’ll credit you with two years no-claims after your first claim.
2. Check the fine print when it comes to no claims
Owning a van for business means you will probably clock up a lot of driving hours. So if you have an impeccable record with no claims for years, it seems unfair than one claim can ruin this. At Liberty Insurance, we recognise that even the most experienced van driver may need to claim at some point, which is why we’ll automatically protect part of your no claims discount with our Step Back No Claims protection. Offered as standard on our policies, Step Back No Claims means if you drive for five or more years without a claim, we’ll credit you with two years no-claims after your first claim. If you drive for four years without a claim, we’ll credit you with one year no-claims after your first claim. It’s a better way to treat our loyal and safest drivers.
3. Get a policy that travels well
Some businesses do business abroad. At Liberty Insurance, as well as giving you cover in Ireland, we give you the minimum cover you need by law to drive your van in any country in the European Union, and any other country that meets the requirements of the European Union Commission.
4. Remember that time is money
When it comes to small and medium-sized businesses, we know how hard you work and understand that ‘time is money’. With Liberty Insurance, you can get your insurance online in an instant, and you can manage your policy online too. Whenever you’ve added to your fleet and need to scale up, or whether you want to make a change to your policy, you can manage it all online, without delays or hold ups.
Liberty van insurance covers stereo and radio equipment up to €635 or 5% of the value of the vehicle, whichever is lower.
5. Consider your vital equipment
When you spend a lot of time behind the wheel, you rely on certain equipment in your van. Think radio, music and GPS systems. So for loss of or damage to radio-receiving or transmitting equipment, audio equipment, electronic navigation or radar detection equipment permanently fixed to the vehicle, Liberty van insurance covers stereo and radio equipment up to €635 or 5% of the value of the vehicle, whichever is lower.
6. Get a cash flow-friendly policy
Cash flow can sometimes be a concern, especially to smaller businesses, which is where a flexible payment plan comes in handy. At Liberty Insurance, we allow you to spread the cost of your insurance via monthly instalments. We also give you the choice of paying by cash, cheque, direct debit, credit or debit card.
At Liberty Insurance, we have made buying good value van insurance as simple and as quick as possible. Get a quote online today> or find out more here>